Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cracked

Made the trip up to St Joe for the race on Saturday. Wow....I was not ready for that. Lots of climbing and power sections coming out of every turn. I was riding at the tail end of the field all day. So I started my last lap and about a 1/4 of the way in I had to drop into my granny gear and I cracked. Found a short cut off the trail and handed my number in for a DNF. Last week at Wilson I felt a little fitness coming back. This weekend I ate a big piece of humble pie to remind me it's going to take longer then expected to get up to speed. No excuses here....admittedly I'm out of shape and form.

Thanks again to all those who made it out and again flew the High Gear Logo....Aaron(another first place) Dusty, Garret, Steph, Randy, Dustin. Also congrads to Chuck who raced his first sport race. Also thanks to Jena who was there to cheer us on. Lastly thanks to Bobby, Crystal, Donovan and my parents who held down the shop so Steph and I could escape for a second weekend in a row.

Want to give a shout out to my good friend and training partner down in Nevis, Reggie Douglas, who is racing in the Pan Am Cup in Mexico this weekend. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment