Monday, May 31, 2010

Since the last post

Okay....Going to get you up to speed since my last post.

First off I injured my lower back pretty bad since the last race. Been to the chiropractor twice and took a week completely off the bike with no success, it hurts riding, standing and sitting. I maybe heading to the doctor if it doesn't straighten out soon.
Next, a week ago Saturday we got called into work early(5:15am)....by the cops....as our shop was broken into.


Nothing like a brick through the window and a couple of skateboards stolen to start off the day. The good news was our alarm system did it's job and the juveniles were apprehended not a block from the shop. When we finally opened that day we immediately caught a group of 4 more juveniles shoplifting and had the cops back at our shop for a second time in less then 6 hours. It was crazy. I have never had a day like this in all my life in working retail.

Then this past week we had major computer problems with our new point of sale system. It kept locking up every few hours. Oh the joys of running a business.

To keep our spirits high Steph and I had a trip planned down to Arkansas for Memorial Weekend. Burglary, shoplifters, sore back, broken point of sale....nothing was going to keep us from getting away....and we did.

I'm not going to document the whole trip and bore you with every detail so here are some pictures.

Cabin we stayed at.

Arkansas Mountains...personally like them better then Colorado.

When we planned this trip we were going to race on Sunday but with all my back problems I knew this wasn't going to happen. Had to get off the bike and stretch it every so often. At least the views were good when we stopped.

Add ImageSteph climbing up the fire road to the Ouachita Trail entrance at Brushy Mountain.

Trust me...not every road was shown on the county maps....it wasn't my navigation skills.

Also....driveways are not listed on the maps. But every driveway had a road sign making you think it was an actual road. So we rode 2 1/2 miles up a supposed road to discover it was a driveway. One of the neighbors stopped us and asked if we were lost, which I don't know why he asked because he already knew we were. He explained we were on a drive way which lead to "Dutton's" house. He then went on to tell us we could go on behind Dutton's house through 2 gates, a the field, around a fence, ford the creek and we'd be 1/2 mile from town. I didn't want to impose, plus I told him it's frowned upon riding through a farmers land back in Kansas without permission. The old boy told us. "Dutton ain't home and if he was he wouldn't mind, I'll show you the way." The picture below is the creek.

So much more to tell but time to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment