Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wilson Lake Racing

Well this weekend was my first race of the 2010 season. Steph and I turned over the reigns of the shop to our crew so we could get out of town for a change. We headed out to Wilson Lake for a pre-ride and hill climb race Saturday afternoon. When we got there Aaron Elwell(evental winner of Saturday's hill climb and Sunday's XC) showed up and we pre-rode a little of the course before the hill climb. The hill climb was uneventful for me and painful. After that I went out and hit a little more of the course with Aaron, Cam and some other guys. I was lacking the upper end to hang so I called it a day knowing I better keep some in reserve for Sunday.

Sunday was the true test. Because of my lack of fitness my goal was to keep the heartrate at a manageable level and just stay consistent. Most of the race I rode at the back of the pack but towards the middle of the race I was picking off a few riders. This was also my first race on the SuperFly 100 and even though the rider was lacking, it was the fastest, most efficient bike I have ever ridden. Most of the race I was riding with the rear shock in the firmer of the settings but towards the end my lower back was rocked so I flipped the lever to a plusher setting giving me the relief I was seeking. All and all I felt it was a great racing weekend. It was also good to see the High Gear crew out in full force representing and I want to give a shout out to Doug Chambers for putting on a great event.

Cool video clip of the race.




Wilson Lake Race from bob arnold on Vimeo.

Photo Below robbed from Jed's facebook...thanks Jed....I just noticed I need a tan!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Matt,

    I miss you.

    Love,
    LeLan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job for the first time out for the year! Love the new blog.

    ReplyDelete