Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dirtiest Bike Race?

Earlier this week KTKA news station was in town on other stories but Casey from Emporia Main Street told them to interview me on the Dirty Kanza 200. The interview itself took about 15 minutes but they just used a clip-it of what I said. It's amazing how corny they made the story...."The Dirtiest bike in the country." Plus they said my name wrong. But I think the high light of the story was when they made it bluntly obvious that I have never finished the DK. Second round of humble pie this week....yum.
Go here to view it
http://www.ktka.com/news/2010/may/12/emporia-hold-dirty-bike-race-through-flint-hills/

On that note. Am I doing the DK this year?.....No this will be my second year sitting it out. However, I did hook up some of the front runners in this years race. Earlier this week I decked out Tim Mohn's(2 time, 3rd place finisher) bike with some new SRAM 10 speed Components and The Adventure Monkey with a new X01 Cross bike. Although my job was fairly easy compared to actually riding the 200 miles....I do hope my mechanical work contributes to them having a great ride.

Lastly, some people been asking to see pictures of the new shop. I need to get some taken but for now here is one of our E-Town Skateboard area. One of my personal favorite areas to hang out at in the new shop.


4 comments:

  1. Nice work Mike Brown. Ralph Hipp really knows his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mike, you are big time! No longer are you just down town Matt Brown. You are Prime Time Matt Brown! Look out Deion. Man, this is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the "trail route" is a secret...

    It's amazing, when you see local news cover something you know a lot about, and they make mistake after mistake and just go on as if nothing was wrong, it kind makes you wonder about their coverage of all the things you know very little about. Are all their stories that incompetently reported?

    At least they got the name of your shop right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet new bike Mike! I did chuckle when he said something like "this guy has never finished the race and in fact I won't even get his name right."

    Speaking of new pictures, I can't wait to hook up the new shop with a proper website to match. I heard from two bike travelers that High Gear is one of the coolest shops they have seen!

    Thanks again for everything! I am off to race my own mini-DK200 today.

    ReplyDelete